We all have dealt with struggle at one point or another in our lives. Some may be still dealing with it now. No one really asked for it or wants to remain in struggle due to the effect it has in all areas of your life. Today I want to share with you 5 steps to overcoming struggle in your life so you can de-clutter and live a life you love!
- Let go of the past: Holding on to what happened to you in the past, what you had in the past, who you were in the past, and what people thought about you in the past is counterproductive to living in the moment and creating a fabulous future. Your past wants to make you feel unworthy, guilty, shameful, condemned, and even enslaved. But only you can give your past permission to do so. You are the co-creator and must decide if you want to write a new happy ending or allow the past to determine what your end will be. The choice is yours so choose to let go of your past.
- Let go of the people: People, people, people…is what I say when others are on their way out of my life. Holding on to people who do not love you, support you, and add value to your life will only use you, abuse you, and leave you high and dry! Do a quick check up on the company you keep. When you are together-Do you feel happy? Valued? Trusted? Supported? Encouraged? If not, why are they still around? It’s time to get serious about your time and stop allowing those who don’t deserve any, take it all. It’s a tough call but if you don’t they will be ringing the bell and you’ll be running like a servant.
- Let go of the self sabotaging thoughts and words: What you think becomes your words and your words become your actions and your actions become your habits and your habits become your reality. We all know these reality shows are full of drama but your life doesn’t have to be. You can write the script and it all starts with your thoughts. Everything, I mean everything…starts with a thought. So why not spend time thinking thoughts that will bring about what you dream about. Living a healthy, happy, abundant life! Once you allow negative thoughts to overtake you mentally, every word you speak will speak be in alignment with those negative thoughts and all the negativity that will manifest in your life. If you want more clarity, peace, wealth, and joy…think it so you will speak it! Starting today, let go of the thoughts of I can’t, I won’t be able to, I’m not good at and replace them with I AM, I CAN, I WILL!
- Let go of fear: FEAR- (False Expectations Appearing Real) Holding on to fear is like holding on to fire…but worse. Fire will burn you and take your life but fear will slow your life down and drag it out making it last f-o-r-e-v-e-r. Or so it will seem because nothing will be changing or getting better!. When you operate in fear you get nothing done, you do nothing extraordinary, you have failed relationships, stay stuck in less than desirable positions in life, etc…all because you are afraid of what you don’t know. There are no guarantees in life but one…if you hang onto fear…you will not see much fruit. Fruit? Faith + Work = Fruit You cannot be, do and have all that you desire if you remain a prisoner to fear. It immobilizes you. It locks you into situations that you want out of but are too fearful to leave. Take risk! Trust God has a plan for you. Go for it and if it doesn’t work out…at least you know you tried. Let go of fear and STOP saying , “Hoping for the best but expecting the worse.” I NEVER understood that line!
- Let go of the unproductive habits: This is critical in OVERCOMING STRUGGLE! What you do on a daily basis are the bricks you are laying on the house (life) you are building. Let’s quickly review- Your thoughts become your words, your words become your actions, your actions become your HABITS, your habits become you reality! Here are just a FEW habits that are keeping people in struggle-
- Overspending leads to financial struggle
- Overeating leads to struggles with health & self-esteem
- Lying leads to struggles with trust
- Cheating and sleeping around lead to struggle in relationships
- Sleeping late, excessive partying etc lead to struggles on the job
- Quitting leads to struggles with being successful
- Wasting time leads to struggling with achieving goals
You can tell me your struggles and I can tell you your habits! It’s time to create new habits that create new opportunities to be at 100%. The best way to start the process is by recognizing your bad/unproductive habits and writing them down. Try and figure out when it started and why? Now think of what you SHOULD be doing instead and pick 2-3 new habits to work on for the next month. Track how you are doing being consistent with your new habits. I use a habit tracker when creating new habits. You can simply write your targeted habits and put a tally for each day you are successful. If there is one that is constantly missing tallies…address the issue and figure out why you cannot kick the habit!
Do you understand the importance of letting go? Letting go releases clutter and allows you to see, think, speak, and act with clarity.
Here’s what I want you to do next:-)
I’m glad you read this far, because it means you’ve learned a lot of good information that will help you when put it into practice. Here’s what I want you to do next …
- If this article is doing it for you, click the re-tweet button or facebook share below to share it with others.
- Share your comments below.
- Sign up below for my free audio download and HOT Moments e-zine for additional content to help improve all areas of your life.